Hampden Hawker: Good Morning Zissimo's!

Hampden Hawker

THE Hampden Gossip Blog

Hopefully Factual, Fueled by Speculation

Email the tip line: hampdenhawker@gmail.com

Sunday, February 03, 2008

Good Morning Zissimo's!

Photo from The Baltimore Sun

Yesterday, the Sun featured an article about the smoking ban that offered thoughts from Zissimo's patrons. (Zissimo's is the sight of an infamous game of an invisible doubledutch game with Davy Rothbart from Found Magazine and a slew of Hampdenites.)

While Shelia Dixon was across the street celebrating at Cafe Hon by dumping a bunch of old ashtrays into a trash can, 59-year-old Vietnam vet Mike Marine offered this at Zissimo's:

"We're going to turn into a communist country," he said. "This country was built on tobacco. I fought for this country and now they tell me I can't smoke. It's a violation of my First Amendment rights. You figure that on a Saturday or a Sunday people are going to want to smoke, especially if they're drunk."

5 Comments:

At 11:47 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wow, he doesn't seem to know what "communist" means or what the First Amendment protects. Burning a Camel is not the same as burning the flag, lol.

I guess he wont' be voting for Obama:)

 
At 11:53 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm confused. Isn't doubledutch a jump rope game or something?

 
At 1:31 PM, Blogger Plantastic said...

It is! But INVISIBLE doubledutch is where the real jump roping challenge lies.

 
At 6:08 PM, Blogger Benn said...

"I fought for this country and now they tell me I can't smoke."

Well, only if everyone joins me in calling the police to complain about all the people loitering in front of the bars now.

 
At 9:53 AM, Blogger Benn said...

Hey, we're getting a spaghetti bar in Hampden.

Rancho Grande is officially open.

Is this thing on?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home