Hampden Hawker: Old News: Now with Mice!

Hampden Hawker

THE Hampden Gossip Blog

Hopefully Factual, Fueled by Speculation

Email the tip line: hampdenhawker@gmail.com

Monday, August 04, 2008

Old News: Now with Mice!

Apparently, Angelo's has mice. ABC 2's "Dirty Dining" segment recently featured the Hampden pizzeria at Falls & Keswick. To be fair, most Hampden homes I know have mice too.

From the story:

"The owner says, "I hate it. I can't stand it. We clean. We're spotless. We do everything we can." Angelo let us take a look for ourselves and we agree. It doesn't seem like a lack of cleanliness in the kitchen is the cause of those unwanted diners. Angelo says he's tried nearly a dozen pest companies in the past three decades but he believes the aging building and the neighborhood itself may be just too inviting for pests."

Is this news?

9 Comments:

At 11:20 AM, Blogger Unknown said...

I don't mind the mice. But the cigarette-smoking while making the pizza could be a bit too much.

 
At 2:00 PM, Blogger Benn said...

Is anyone else bothered by these local news "investigative reports?"

I mean, you have a whole big city out there and what are they investigating?

Restaurants? Really? That's the best they can do?

 
At 6:42 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

It would be even better if they sent their investigative reporters undercover and "trailed" our local cops, to see exactly where and how they spend our time in Hampden.

One of two things would happen...

1. We could all be very relieved that they spend their time doing their job or...

2. We find out that too much time is wasted on personal interests or worse

Today my glass is half empty

 
At 11:59 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I've heard of some food poisoning coming out of Angelos...its off my list of neighborhood places to frequent.

 
At 10:28 AM, Blogger GMan said...

who doesn't love the Big Slice!

 
At 12:12 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I like the big slice. Extra cheese please!

Ronnie Pepperino.

 
At 9:25 AM, Blogger dingolishious said...

Falls & Keswick?

 
At 4:16 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Is anyone else bothered by these local news "investigative reports?"
I mean, you have a whole big city out there and what are they investigating?
Restaurants? Really? That's the best they can do?


Good point. There are definitely worse things in Baltimore to report on. Worse food -- and other assorted things. Maybe a reporter there got the craps from the fries or something, or their pizza was late. LOL

But I like Angelo's, so I'm a little biased:)

Anon's police idea sounds like a good one, but scary. One time I got into a car accident in Canton, and a cop was there when it happened. On duty. And her beat was Hampden. What was she doing over there? Never found out. She totally lied in her police report and screwed me over though. I got the feeling she was doing something she should not have been. I don't mean to demonize all cops, but hey.

 
At 4:19 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Angelo's used to be good - now their pizza sucks! Oh, and the place is dirty and the cook does smoke while cooking - ugghhh, GROSS!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home