Hampden Hawker: Does The Sun Love or Hate Hampden? You make the call.

Hampden Hawker

THE Hampden Gossip Blog

Hopefully Factual, Fueled by Speculation

Email the tip line: hampdenhawker@gmail.com

Friday, August 24, 2007

Does The Sun Love or Hate Hampden? You make the call.

I don't get the Baltimore Sun, except on Sundays, and I was out of the country for much of the month, so I missed out on the Sun's August Hampden news-o-rama.

1. FINALLY! Someone else comments on Common Ground's early closing hours. I actually drove to The Evergreen last night to get coffee at 5:15 p.m. I can't be the only Hampdenite who often likes an evening jolt of caffeine and the ambiance of an indie coffee shop to go along with it.

2. Apparently, Hampden is Baltimore's bloggiest!

3. Hampden is--and let me quote Sun reporter Elizabeth Large here--"not known for its tastefulness."

4. Hipsters sporting staches! Hide your virgins!
Apparently, Hampden is the epicenter of the "mustache trend." Look amongst us for "hipsters sporting facial hair - often riding mopeds - frequent bars such as Rocket to Venus and Holy Frijoles."

5. Oh, and in case you were unclear on The Sun's opinion of Hampden, let me quote reporter Molly O'Donnell's friend Caroline, "It's like we're in our living room, but someone's actually cooking in the kitchen." And Hon Bar, which I hold has the most underrated bar staff in Hampden, is nicknamed "nappy time." Oh, and apparently Golden West is a drag because they don't let you use your cell phone. How dare they force Molly to actually talk to her friend on a Saturday night? The nerve!

5 Comments:

At 9:56 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I don't get the Baltimore Sun, except on Sundays,

I don't ever get the Sun, even when I get it.

 
At 10:45 PM, Blogger Rachel said...

Jeez, it was Hampden week! And I missed it all.

Hope Molly doesn't get Frijoles in trouble. They only have a 1 am license! Everyone knows you go to Frijoles first and then go to Fraziers' AFTER for last call.

 
At 11:36 PM, Blogger Benn said...

I told the Sun reporter to check out Hampden Hawker. It's my favorite Hampden blog.

But it may have been while a certain someone was "out of the country" and the blog sat dormant for weeks, making fans like me feel discarded, sorta like the time my parents forgot me and I got locked in a grocery store as it closed.

Thanks for the issues, Ruby.

 
At 12:30 PM, Blogger Plantastic said...

Hey, next time you get a free ride to go to Europe and work with a world-renowned, international group of artists, you can bail on the Shank too.

 
At 10:39 PM, Blogger shutupproust said...

That bar crawl thing made very little sense to me. What does it give the reader? How often is your average Sun reader going to be traveling in groups of 20? No one's bar experience is normal at that point.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home