Hampden Hawker: Marriage: It just keeps on keeping on.

Hampden Hawker

THE Hampden Gossip Blog

Hopefully Factual, Fueled by Speculation

Email the tip line: hampdenhawker@gmail.com

Friday, November 02, 2007

Marriage: It just keeps on keeping on.


So the PNC Tennis Classic billboard at Falls & Coldspring got replaced, and it's back to "Marriage Works" propaganda.

This time the billboard is announcing that "Kids of married parents do better in school."

Considering last time, God knows what Hampdenites are going to do with this one.

3 Comments:

At 1:15 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Man, I grew as a latch key child of a divorced mom, and only earned my Ph.D, and became a college professor. Just think what could have happened if a grew up in a married household!

 
At 1:55 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

They've shifted their focus from pro-marriage to anti-divorce. I'm sure kids whose parents hate each other do great in school.

 
At 1:29 AM, Blogger shutupproust said...

Funny, I'm another latchkey child of a single mom, and I didn't get the memo about how I was supposed to suck at school, either! Instead, I earned grades and test scores that got me major scholarship money to the college of my choice. Boy, is my face red now!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home