Hampden Hawker: A Dear John Letter to Hampden

Hampden Hawker

THE Hampden Gossip Blog

Hopefully Factual, Fueled by Speculation

Email the tip line: hampdenhawker@gmail.com

Monday, August 25, 2008

A Dear John Letter to Hampden

Dear Hampden:

I loved you. I hated you. Then, I loved you even more. Now, I miss you.

Hawker's radio silence is because she moved. As I said to all my friends, "I'm not dying; I'm just moving to New Jersey." I've been without Internet for a while and then there was that whole unpacking thing.

And although New Jersey made Hawker & her family an offer they couldn't refuse, you should know two things: a) I miss you and b) I'll be back.

Hawker would like to offer some personalized parting words (without links, because I'm sad):

To The Hon Bar: Thanks for kicking me out that one time. I deserved it.
To the bathroom at R2V: I'm sorry. I'm very, very sorry.
To Frazier's: Thanks for every night that ended in madness that began with the sentence, "Hey, let's go to Frazier's for one more!"
To Oh! Said Rose: Thanks for letting every woman in my family get the coolest Christmas gifts for a few years.
To The Wine Source: Thanks for all the free booze!
To Atomic Books: I think I'm going to miss you most of all.
To The Golden West: You have the best pancakes in the world, and for the last time: your service is FINE. Damn the whiners.
To Budget TV: Shine on, you crazy diamond.
To Form: I was too scared ever to talk to you. You intimidate me.
To Hampdenfest: For one shining moment every year, Keyboard Man united us. This gives me hope for the human race.
To the junkies on Falls Road: I hope with all of my being that you get some help. I know someone somewhere loves you and misses the person you were and could be.

I could go on and on, but these are the parting thoughts that come to mind this morning.

You know, now that I've moved to a new place, I remember when my best friend first came from the midwest to visit me in Hampden. We spent an afternoon shopping on the Avenue & at just about every place we entered, I either knew someone else in the store and/or new the store owner. She asked me if I was super popular in Baltimore. "No," I said, "that's just Hampden. Everybody knows everybody." I miss that already.

What's to happen with Hawker is still up in the air.

Be nice to each other while I'm gone, ok?

Sincerely,
Hawker

12 Comments:

At 11:49 AM, Blogger BaltimoreGal said...

Aww. That made me sad. I'll miss your crazy updates. Hope to have you back, someday!

 
At 11:52 AM, Blogger incunabular said...

I know that I am certainly not "plugged-in" enough to fill your shoes. And I don't know any one person who is. But I do know three or four people that, combined, may know enough about what's going on in Hampden and could blog about it here.

Maybe you should put out a call for contributors and turn it into a multi-blogger site. I think blogspot allows you to add what are called "Team Members."

 
At 12:07 PM, Blogger hank said...

sad indeed. now i just have to rely on the Hampden CC newsletter rolled up in my railing once a month for the slightly less juicy news.

 
At 12:21 PM, Blogger Seinberg said...

Doh! Right when I found somewhere to keep myself updated on neighborhood happenings!

Good luck in New Jersey.

 
At 3:59 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I am going to miss your blog. I moved out of Hampden back in May and I read your blog to get updates. Like you, I will be back.

 
At 4:54 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'll miss your posts-you were a great source of information and general Hampden love/hate. Good luck in New Jersey!

 
At 6:10 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thanks for a great run--it was fun! Best of luck.

 
At 8:12 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Nooooo! I've loved this blog! During the long, long wait for El Rancho Grande to open I'd check here. If there were rumours of a crime in the neighborhood...I knew I'd get the scoop here.

I vote for the multi-contributor blog idea. C'mon, we can do it!

signed,
Fooferkitten
ps...I hope Jersey treats you good.

 
At 7:36 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Good luck with your move -- you'll have to come back for crabs sometime soon, hon:)

 
At 4:52 PM, Blogger Benn said...

I feel like I've been dumped.

 
At 7:10 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I have to ask, why did you get kicked out of Hon Bar?

 
At 8:04 PM, Blogger Plantastic said...

I have to ask, why did you get kicked out of Hon Bar?

Well. . . I played like two hours worth of Madonna songs on the juke box, and the men in our party took off their pants. Then, things really got out of hand. Let's just say it was indeed time to leave.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home