Hampden Hawker: "Bike Lanes"

Hampden Hawker

THE Hampden Gossip Blog

Hopefully Factual, Fueled by Speculation

Email the tip line: hampdenhawker@gmail.com

Wednesday, January 02, 2008

"Bike Lanes"

So. . . there are "bike lanes" now on Chestnut (going south) and Keswick (going north--this according to a tipster; Hawker's been too full of Christmas cheer to check it out herself.)

Thing about these "bike lanes" is that they're not bike lanes! They are big pictures of bikes with arrows indicating direction (north or south) painted on the street. . . in the car lanes. Hawker is not sure how this makes things safer. Does this mean you can only ride your bike where there are pictures of a bike on the street? Cyclists: please explain!

Labels:

2 Comments:

At 4:15 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I bike all over this town and I don't get the new bike pictures, either. Why would I bike up narrow Keswick when Beech is hardly used? (Which, of course, is what I do). I don't even like driving my car on Keswick.

They have the same pictures on Wyman Park Drive next to the bike trail...I'm confused...it doesn't do much else but alert cars, but after a few weeks they will not be as alert, right? What a waste, in my opinion.

Bikebreath

 
At 4:32 PM, Blogger Plantastic said...

Hawker didn't think it made much sense, but I'm a walker, not a biker. Thought maybe I was missing something, but. . . apparently not. Thanks Bikebreath!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home