Hampden Hawker: Snacker Recaps 2007: Hampden Press Not So Good

Hampden Hawker

THE Hampden Gossip Blog

Hopefully Factual, Fueled by Speculation

Email the tip line: hampdenhawker@gmail.com

Wednesday, January 02, 2008

Snacker Recaps 2007: Hampden Press Not So Good

Baltimore Blog News:

Baltimore Snacker disses on the Golden West (Hawker just might start including an "I hate The Golden West blog post o' the week") and Grill Art. Hawker gets The Golden West complaints, but GW still fits the bill on many a night & you gotta just go with the right expectations. Grill Art? Hawker asks you readers again: If there is a Grill Art fan in Hampden, I have yet to hear from them, so speak up!

Labels: , ,

4 Comments:

At 1:34 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I like Grill Art, but hate their slow service. If they could fix the service, I'd be in there more often. Grill Art has some delicious and inventive soups and pizzas. My beef dishes have always been prepared well too. I'd spend my money there any day of the week over Cafe Hon, which the press seems to love for some reason. Well, maybe they don't love it... It's just the only restaurant in Hampden they can seem to remember.

 
At 1:41 PM, Blogger Plantastic said...

I agree about the press having Cafe Hon tattooed on their brains--eclipsing all other restaurants. Hawker can't remember the last time she ate at the restaurant (it's fine, actually,) but there are a ton more exciting options in Hampden. I keep reminding myself, however, that I'm not Hon's target audience.

Hon Bar does serve Brewer's Art Resurrection in the tallest coldest glasses in town, and THAT, Hawker's a fan of!

 
At 4:16 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Grill Art is a somewhat guilty pleasure, actually...

It's BYO and has good food at reasonable prices. But the service is almost always incredibly slow, and sometimes it's downright strange.

I only go there if I've a lot of time and I'm in a patient mood.

 
At 4:23 PM, Blogger John said...

I just started laughing when I saw your post about me, Ruby. And I do have to doubleback: GWC's food is actually pretty good. I just wish it wasn't so galldarned slow and the place so pretentious!

And yes I still despise the Grill Art - apparently everyone else does, heheheh.

BTW: I did say some good stuff about Cafe Hon, I admit. I DID like the salad I had there most recently (the last time I wrote about the place was the last time I went), and the service was good. But I totally admit, I was too generous about their roast beef sandwich with gravy. Far too generous. Could've been the beer sullied my judgment :)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home